• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1879 Morgan new purchase

5 posts in this topic

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I was wondering if you could give your opinion on this newly purchased coin. The price was very good so I'm wondering if you see any major problems with it. Other than the dark toning, I don't see any major issues outside of normal wear.

154354.jpg.9ec4ffea160a34d4d1dda66241c701ac.jpg

154355.jpg.0da951c8d5f69d675b9e10c81a995ee9.jpg

very hard to tell from that photo my friend.... but with how that toning looks, I would almost say that regardless of what kind of photo you were able to take, that to really know for sure whats going on with that coin one would need to have it "in-hand" and under light....

The photo makes it really hard to put a complete grade on this one because of the "hot spot" (lighter area) on both sides. The sharpness grade is EF, but the "hot spot" makes it look like it might have been cleaned with an abrasive. That might not be the case, but that is the impression that is left with me.