• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Poll for the most educational poster.

James EarlyUS  

111 members have voted

1. 1. James EarlyUS

29 posts in this topic

I am sure that most people fequent the various numismatic boards for their educational value. I'm sure that I've excluded someone so sorry for that.

Let's do a little poll:

I never heard of any of those SOB's confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll start my own poll:

Kyrptonitecomics should:

A) Stick with comic books as he wouldn't know a coin from a slug foreheadslap.gif

B) Stick with Toned Morgan's so he doesn't get side tracked in collecting yay.gif

C) Start his own thread...darn hijacker!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

D) Stick around since he just one heck of a guy!!! cloud9.gif

I have used my unbiased vote to select choice D.......ain't Democracy grand headbang.gif

Since the salient questions were left out of the picture for jom, I think it only fair to add them. You may vote for more than one. Hoot

Hilarious post EZ_E 27_laughing.gif

FYI I consider myself quite in shape

Tubby ain't chubby

yay.gif

So, what you're saying is that Tubby ain't Chubby no more? insane.gif

P.S. Hoot, thanks for including jom. Poor guy PM'd me in tears. 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

P.P.S. Who else should be included in our poll (or deleted if that may be the case?) poke2.gif893whatthe.gif

I never heard of any of those SOB's confused-smiley-013.gif

I'll start my own poll:

Kyrptonitecomics should:

A) Stick with comic books as he wouldn't know a coin from a slug foreheadslap.gif

B) Stick with Toned Morgan's so he doesn't get side tracked in collecting yay.gif

C) Start his own thread...darn hijacker!!! Christo_pull_hair.gif

D) Stick around since he just one heck of a guy!!! cloud9.gif

I have used my unbiased vote to select choice D.......ain't Democracy grand headbang.gif

makepoint.gifmakepoint.gifmakepoint.gif

Ok, you're grounded to the comix forum until further notice!! devil.gif

World coins???!!! 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

jom

Sorry, jom.

I confused you with JamminJ. foreheadslap.gif

Ack! Confused with a nickel spray painter. yeahok.gif

-JamminJ

Interesting thread. A bit of a popularity contest, but I think this thread/poll has good humor and intention. I would have included TomB because I think he is a very positive contributor around here.

Unfortunately, this thread/poll also illuminates something for me: as an online community, we are small enough to notice when a long-time member bows out or simply curtails his involvement. There are at least two old-time members who have virtually ceased their participation here.

EVP

[edited to correct grammar so TDN will virtually cease his whining participation.]

I agree with your comment about TomB. Sorry, Tom, because you are a great poster (but then again, so was Farrah Fawcette in the '70's tongue.gif).

There is at least two old-time members who simply has virtually ceased his participation here.

Say that again in English, please...

grin.gif

EVP,

Your virtual reality is virtually invirtual. Now, what did I just say? confused-smiley-013.gif

I know Tryka left...he posts in the "selling" forum occationally however. I had not noticed Dagen left and I didn't know Spooly posted here...I thought he was a PCGS board only guy. At least I don't remember him here. confused-smiley-013.gif

jom

I was thinking of Dagen and Spooly.

...and Mark Feld. frown.gif

Dagen as in Keith Dagen? Last I heard his new job took up all his time and he was moving out of coin collecting. He responded to a PM from TJ a while back, so he still drops by every once in a while or he used to.

Spooly posted here in the very beginning, but stopped. I believe he is/was building a new home and that took him away from the other forums also.

As for Mark Feld, he's an odd guy when it comes to the forums. Bad blood between him and NGC??? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Maybe he just likes the fact that DH tried to screw him over on their "grading guarantee"?

THANKS for mentioning me!

At the end of last year, I posted a New Year's resolution to try and contribute more often, and I plan to stick to that promise! Now, whether my "contributions" have any value, that's another story juggle.gif....

I have learned a ton since logging on here, especially on the "certified" aspect of coins, which is where I had been least experienced. But thanks to the wealth of knowledge available here, I'm catching on.

Having posted both here for a while and across the street, this is definitely mypreferred neighborhood thumbsup2.gif

.... unless of course, I get banned 27_laughing.gif.

THANKS again to everyone!

James

You still around? I thought you had left too, or maybe I've just been ignoring your, uh-hum, posts...

Gee, thanks for the "vote" of confidence. yeahok.gif

jom

THANKS for mentioning me!

At the end of last year, I posted a New Year's resolution to try and contribute more often, and I plan to stick to that promise! Now, whether my "contributions" have any value, that's another story juggle.gif....

I have learned a ton since logging on here, especially on the "certified" aspect of coins, which is where I had been least experienced. But thanks to the wealth of knowledge available here, I'm catching on.

Having posted both here for a while and across the street, this is definitely mypreferred neighborhood thumbsup2.gif

.... unless of course, I get banned 27_laughing.gif.

THANKS again to everyone!

James

Actually, James, your frequent and educational posts is what motivated me to start this thread in the first place.

Kudos to you and thanks! thumbsup2.gif

First, I am honored just to have made it on the poll. This town I work in has several "alphabet soup" companies and I've worked for a few of the three letter kind myself. insane.gif

Someone mentioned Keith Daggen earlier. I think he was here when I joined but I must have ran him off. I bought a coin from him on ebay and liked it enough to put him on my favorite sellers list. Then he quit selling and disappeared. frown.gif

I try to contribute where I can but I think I ask more questions than I answer them. Maybe I provoke some thought and bring some good replies out at least. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Hilarious post EZ_E 27_laughing.gif

FYI I consider myself quite in shape

Tubby ain't chubby

yay.gif

So, what you're saying is that Tubby ain't Chubby no more? insane.gif

P.S. Hoot, thanks for including jom. Poor guy PM'd me in tears. 27_laughing.gifgrin.gif

P.P.S. Who else should be included in our poll (or deleted if that may be the case?) poke2.gif893whatthe.gif

Hey you left yourself out EZ_E

Here's a poll for you: