• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Canada nickels foreign crossover FAILURES posted by lqueen6

3 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I do collect some Canada NGC sets.

I have TERRIBLE luck with NGC on my Canada nickels.

I reccomend you DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY TRYING to cross them.

My coins were from 2 different groups.

1. I purchased several ICCS coins. For most coins ICCS have the LOWEST grade numberings on regrades. On Non nickel coins they usually grade the same or higher.

2. For my nickels they usually graded 1 or 2 grades LOWER.

3. I submitted 5 PCGS crossover Canada nickels. 4 of them FAILED to get the same grade.(They were NOT crossed.)

See more journals by lqueen6

Wow, that's quite an insight. I have had folks wanting to buy my coins and they were in the wrong holder. They always want what we don't have right. Anyway, sorry for your 'luck', Maybe next time.

We just discussed Canadian coins at the local club, and remember when NO ONE wanted foreign coins. Let me tell you, that has changed. The coin collecting world has grown up and now are chasing oddities.

Good luck

Capt. Brian

It's pretty common for PCGS world (non-USA) coins to not cross at the same grade at NGC.

My personal experience with ICCS coins has been that they are usually very conservatively numerically graded. My most recent 2 submissions were:

EF40 ICCS --> NGC AU50

MS60 ICCS --> NGC MS63

Your mileage may vary.

In general, I recommend you buy the coin in the holder and at the grade you want it in if you care about such things. Crossovers and re-grades are a gamble.

Best, Brandon