• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1971-S Silver Proof IKE posted by Six Mile Rick

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Trying to get a few pics for Cody

Friends,

I had a group of Ikes that sold a year or more ago. I held onto a couple as I thought they might be a little different. Although I don't remember the extent of knowledge at the time I had on those as varieties. May have been type 1 reverse and I didn't even know.

Well this is a type 2 rev with no islands cropped and you can't tell which it is. I was trying to get the double die pic but this seems more like a quad die than a double.

Enjoy

Rick

16407.jpg

See more journals by Six Mile Rick

Thanks Larry,

I believe you are right on the triple. All the points and lines in LIBER of liberty show three different steps.

Cody should like this one!! As far as I can tell no blue toning has set in like usually on these government hard pack issues. That should lean it better towards a PF69UC for the grade. :)

Hey Rick,

Yeah, that haze is present on a lot of those. I have a few proofs but I'm mostly into the mint state issues. Looks like the variety is VP-005 but no pop info available and the example NGC uses doesn't have near the tripling that yours does, very nice.

Good luck with the grade, TDO PF69UC would be awesome!

Larry

After many views on this Ike I am positive it is a Triple Die Obverse. :)

A great UC find still in the government Issue pack with minimum toning.

This coin has found a new home and will be labeled by NGC soon . Sweet addition to a great collection.

S-O-L-D!! :grin: