• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

V nickles

9 posts in this topic

I got one in change once...but that was like 1956.

It looked odd then.

Bought a pack of baseball cards with it, snagged a Warren Spahn.

As far as value, they are nominal in circulated condition, $1.25 - $2.00 in the junk box.

V nickels worth .75 cents each if the date can be read? I read that info online, any comments pls? I have 4 and the date can be read but, who going to buy them?

I believe someone has to be collecting them. If I were looking for the last whatever coin I needed and I saw it on ebay I would bid. Not super profitable but hey, it will go to someone who wants it.

They are not shiny coins, and yes the date can be read, is that all that is required?

Edit: they are very dark but the date can be read.

not only do I have that, I have a bunch of Indian head cents, and wheat pennies. I have checked all the wheats thoroughly and no big deal but, I want to get rid of them. About three of the wheats are good...1955 (no dd) 1942, and one other..

moneyhoney,

There are major coin dealers who will buy such things as well-circulated V nickels or Buffaloes.

However, they buy in quantity. They won't buy 4 V nickels, but they will buy 400 or 4,000.

What you need is a coin dealer who will buy four coins.

You need to take your miscellaneous low-value coins to a dealer who will buy them - frequently, a coin dealer with a retail shop or one who does coin shows will buy small quantities of such coins and put them into a bucket. When the bucket gets full, they'll ship them off to a major dealer who will buy them.

Money, I play with scanners and the internet real readily and enjoy doing it while watching movies late at night when I should be sleeping. I have had good luck on the E-bay. I have a number of them WWII and newer silver quarters and dimes. What I do is get five to nine of each, research to see if they have any real value or special mint errora, scan em and pop em on line. I mail them in bubble envelopes with tracking for about $3.60 shipping which I do lass on to my customers. This month E-bay has free listings so it is working out but E-bay still gets maybe ten or fifteen percent of your profits.

Not big money and I just might goof and auction something I should not but I am learning and it is fun.