• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PMD Roosevelt coin?

8 posts in this topic

I don't know what happened to this coin. I am not able to determine, could this be PMD? It looks like spilled ink to me. I cant find anything about this...I think it's PMD..

Thank you

I washed it in dawn and water and it didn't come off....don't know what it mean...if dawn don't take it off, nothing will except Clorox...

I attempted to make the reverse a little larger hoping the details are clearer

NOT ABLE TO DELETE ORIGINAL POST DUE TO RESPONSES....I DEFINITELY HAVE TO REPOST...SORRY FOR THOSE I HAVE OFFENDED

I forgot to download the photo...pls see the other post with the photo...under the same topic... :facepalm:

You should see if you can delete this post instead of having 2 threads of the same thing.

If moneyhoney does not have at least six threads going simultaneously the chat boards will cease to function. There is also a small chance that the planet will implode.

moneyhoney,

Is the coin otherwise normal?

Is the dark area a thin covering over a normal coin's surface, as if ink were spilled on the coin and then allowed to dry?

If so, it's probably some form of post-mint damage.

You might try washing the coin with soap-and-water to see if the "ink" comes off.