• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The US Mint Tennessee Fulfilment Center

11 posts in this topic

The US Mint had stated (I think I read it on their web site the other day) that in the southeastern part of the country, or possibly the eastern part, orders placed will now be handled by their Tennessee center. I thought this might be good news, until today and my first package since the change.

I have always had the main US Mint package their shipments very well, or at least adequately enough to not be characterised as just flat out laziness. Here is my package today.

I opened one, looked at it, it was intact, put it back in the box and stuck it in the safe...

I did not hear any rattling around with the others so I don't guess any plastic was broken or coins were dislodged. I will probably look at them all a bit later.

I am just amazed that they would put that little care into someones purchase.

Regardless, I am going to send some emails linking that video tomorrow and thank them very much for moving their fulfilment center closer to save some of my tax dollars.

I am just amazed and speechless beyond what I have already commented. (shrug)

Well, other than - I need to learn how to spell Tennessee when posting videos. doh!

I believe the Tennessee center has been handling the mint shipping of orders for quite some time now. They aren't something new.

I am assuming you were aware that they closed down over the weekend and the entire site received a facelift?

Well here is what I read from the site, and keep in mind, I have never no recollection of receiving anything from TN by way of the mint before now.

Shipping Procedures, Returns and Fulfillment Center Changes

As part of this transition, our Fulfillment Center operations will relocate from Indiana to Tennessee; subsequently, our current shipping and returns practices have been modified as follows:

September 19, 2014 is the last day for customers to place an expedited order online or via the Call Center. All orders placed after this date will ship October 1, 2014.

September 19, 2014 is the last day for any returns to be processed at the current Fulfillment Center. Customers should use the return shipping label provided with their order to ensure processing is handled properly. Any returns received directly from customers without the provided return shipping label on or after September 20, 2014 will be returned to sender.

September 23, 2014 is the last day that orders will ship until October 1, 2014.

The new fulfillment center will begin processing returns on October 1, 2014.

Eligible subscription products shipped before September 27, 2014 will receive the discount; eligible subscription products shipped subsequent to the launch of the new website will be charged at regular price.

Effective October 1, 2014, the 10% discount applied to the current Subscription Program will no longer be offered.

Important note: With the new system, the Subscription Program will be referred to as the Enrollment Program, which can be accessed under the Enrollment section on the new website.

I took that as being new. It is all Located Here if interested in reading about the changes that took place.

Bill before it moved to Indiana it was located at Memphis under a different name. So Mike is correct. :hi:

Yes Irvin that is exactly where this shipment came from; Memphis, TN.

I don't recall now (for certain) if my previous shipments from the US Mint came from Memphis, TN. as well, but it seems to me that they originated elsewhere, and according to that above, I may have been getting my stuff shipped out of Indiana. (shrug)

Regardless, I have never had a shipment from any mint location that was not well packaged so this is a first for me. You 'old timers' in the hobby are probably used to seeing this kind of stuff occasionally. :grin:

This was, throw 5 proof sets in the box that we used 1 strip of tape on the bottom, throw a piece of cardboard on top and leave nearly 4" of air cushion, and send it on its way. :facepalm:

I agree on the poor shipping but I can remember when they came in a manila envelope with only a piece of cardboard on both sides of the cellophane also. :eyeroll:

P. S. At least they can't run those boxes through the sorting machine. lol