• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Was looking at 1955 DDO Lincolns on Ebay and stumbled upon this???

19 posts in this topic

Now I know some pictures are just plain bad and then some pictures are bad but you can still get a good idea of what you are bidding on and some of us have been known to score big off of taking those chances. In this case the coin almost looks plastic and the features on the obverse don't even look close to being legit to me. I also see that the winner left positive feedback for the transaction so is it just me or does this not look like a legitimate mint issued coin (shrug)

1955 DDO Lincoln

$_1.JPG

$_57.JPG

Now I know some pictures are just plain bad and then some pictures are bad but you can still get a good idea of what you are bidding on and some of us have been known to score big off of taking those chances. In this case the coin almost looks plastic and the features on the obverse don't even look close to being legit to me. I also see that the winner left positive feedback for the transaction so is it just me or does this not look like a legitimate mint issued coin (shrug)

1955 DDO Lincoln

$_1.JPG

$_57.JPG

Definitely fake.

i love it

my take/grade on this coin is $4 dollars

someone/seller got a steal

but that is what you find in a liquor store as per the seller

i hear the seller also found a 1909 s vdb

and i am REALLY looking forward to seeing that coin :o:shy::insane::flamed:

It's a early chinese fake from probably seven or eight years ago back when all of their fakes were laughable and easy to spot.at arms length. Hope the buyer enjoys his nearly $1K "error" (Mistake)

I don't collect Lincoln cents and even I could tell it was a fake. Yikes! It was two bidders with low feedback numbers doing battle for this extremely rare fake.

At least the seller has a 14 day money back policy. I wonder if the buyer will use it.

I don't collect Lincoln cents and even I could tell it was a fake. Yikes! It was two bidders with low feedback numbers doing battle for this extremely rare fake.

At least the seller has a 14 day money back policy. I wonder if the buyer will use it.

From an earlier post to the thread: "I also see that the winner left positive feedback for the transaction .."

Hey guys.... even though Im not a cents guy, or a grader of cents, or anything else that anyone should put any confidence in when it comes to cents, or sense for that matter......

I think we should all be able to agree that this here "whateveritis" is in great condition....

I mean, its definitely UNC, and definitely RED!!!! At least it has that going for it.

From an earlier post to the thread: "I also see that the winner left positive feedback for the transaction .."

Sheesh.

I guess ebay isn't fielding complaints so much any more on items that are clearly fake. I was checking out "centsles"'s listings the other day and he had many counterfeits being listed, in most cases indicated in the listing. Even with the good stuff on ebay there has been a significant drop off on strength of interest in my experience, partly due to weaker precious metals.