• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newest additions to Barber Half Dollar Set

5 posts in this topic

Thanks to a fellow collector of Barber Halves, I was directed towards a tough date, a 1904-O, in NGC 61. Only two more to go...hopefully I'll locate at least one at the FUN show next month !

Well, FUN was a real "bust" for Barber Halves. At least in AU 55-58 grades.

I did find a few of the more common dated coins in the grades I collect, but no

1901-S or 1905-O in AU.

I did find two MS 1905-O halves, one in PCGS 63 and another in NGC 64.

$1500 for the 63 and $3350 for the 64.

One coin, which I inspected at FUN, that haunts me to this moment was a supurb 1904-O in NGC 65. It had creamy white centers with the most beautiful rim toning I have ever seen. The dealer was asking $10,750 for it.

My Barber Half collection started in December, 1999. In the next few weeks, I should have my raw coins and ANACS & ICG graded coins graded by PCGS, so there wil be a more complete listing on the NGC Registry. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my raw coins won't be "body-bagged"...they shouldn't, as I feel that they are very original...but these days, anything can happen.

Sorry I have not responded sooner.