• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coin World Closes Online Forums

5 posts in this topic

I was making my annual visit to the Coin World forums and noticed this:

For the last seven years Coin World has provided a free online forum. Due to declining usage and our company’s decision to direct resources to other endeavors, we will conclude sponsorship of the Coin World Forum effective December 30, 2004, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Beth Deisher

COIN WORLD

Can't say I really care as their forums stunk and were moderated with an ultra-heavy hand (at least the last time I looked). Perhaps NGC could run an ad in Coin World mentioning these forums or some registered users could go over there and post a link to here? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

For the last seven years Coin World has provided a free online forum. Due to declining usage and our company’s decision to direct resources to other endeavors, we will conclude sponsorship of the Coin World Forum effective December 30, 2004, at 5 p.m. Eastern Standard Time.

Beth Deisher

COIN WORLD

Can't say I really care as their forums stunk and were moderated with an ultra-heavy hand (at least the last time I looked). Perhaps NGC could run an ad in Coin World mentioning these forums or some registered users could go over there and post a link to here?

greg an excellent idea thumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.gifthumbsup2.giflets get everyone notified and registered at ngc forums this would be the right thing to do

then i am sure the forums will prove their worth and there will be many other regular users

msybe ngc can put an ad in coin world and invite all the former coin world forums users and also maybe post an ad online at the coinworld online site 893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif893scratchchin-thumb.gif

michael shy.gif

Although the forum was censored quite thoroughly. The forum did have it`s merits. Many interesting subjects were discussed, and I personally found that the majority of the posters had likable personas and were well versed in numismatic knowledge. Synonymous with NGC`s forums. I do hope we will see some new posters crossover to this forum. In my opinion NGC`s forums are the best on the web.

were moderated with an ultra-heavy hand (at least the last time I looked).

It wasn't the moderator - it was the rules set down by Coin World that he was forced to follow.