• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So.....Who won the registry #1 Spots and how do you find the results?

12 posts in this topic

• Administrator

There will be an announcement on the NGC and Collectors Society hompages along with a thread here on the boards and an article in the NGC e newsletter.

A set with Condition rarities such as many of the EHG Half Dimes certainly deserve an award even though scores for these rarities are nominally set at 1.

IMHO these coins are nominally given a score of 1 because there is a high probability that most collectors will ever even see one. Let alone own one of them.

oldtrader

>>>>IMHO these coins are nominally given a score of 1 because there is a high probability that most collectors will ever even see one. Let alone own one of them>>>

not trying to be obnoxious but what on earth does that have to do with it....i have some pop 1 coins and the only one known ....thus ( seeing as how there is only 1 coin ) as long as i own them...nobody else can own them.....nor see one..unless i display it which i do from time to time at shows....

...and i got points for them....personally i think it has to do with wprking out the formula for points of the issue

pcgs`s system is just a joke from where i sit.....and they dont have a clue as to their weighting system........imagine a 36-d columbia in 68 having the same rarity factor as a 36-p....or worse than that in 67...a 36-d cincy higher than a 36-s.....where as the 36-s is in the top 5 as far as difficulty out of 144 coins

i just dont think ngc has finished the system yet

monsterman

• Administrator

When we deliberately score something as a 1 and mean it to stay that way, we generally make the slot "for display only". Other cases where a high-end coin is worth lower points than coins of the same type with lower grade tend to stem from the fact that at the time the scoring was developed none had been given that grade, and scoring was a bit uncertain.

It's definitely possible that those coins will subsequently appear in the registry and will need to be scored. When that happens, I suggest making a post on this thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=38984&an=0&page=0#38984

See page 6 on that thread: Fix Me!!!

And this thread: Half Dime Set

Obviously, back in March it was known they weren't scored.

Perhaps it's just a factor of available time ... I know that NGC is attempting to hire a full time person to attend the Registry.