• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2014 Presidential dollar multi holders?

12 posts in this topic

NGC officially dropped the multi-coin holder several years ago. I think it was around 2008. (For awhile bulk submitters were able to still get them but I think that only lasted for a year or so.)

If you could post links to NGC multi-coin holders since then I'd like to see them.

NGC officially dropped the multi-coin holder several years ago. I think it was around 2008. (For awhile bulk submitters were able to still get them but I think that only lasted for a year or so.)

If you could post links to NGC multi-coin holders since then I'd like to see them.

I believe they only dropped them for Collector's Society submissions.

Dealer bulk submissions can still get them. Or as I did once - begged Rick Montgomery and he okayed it.

I tried to ask NGC to add this multi-holder option to the at least the highest tier of paid members but alas they said no.

This is the multiholder I've been seeing for 2014 presidential dollars: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251521876094

Well, yes and no. While it is true that this slab can hold more than one coin, it is called an "oversized" holder because it is capable of holding large medals & coins in excess of 100mm and as thick as 15mm.

http://www.ngccoin.com/coin-grading/holders/oversize.aspx

Chris

I was wondering about that (presidential multi coin holder) myself. I really like how the older style looked and I've only been able to find the 2007-2009 long way style that's in PF 69. I've got a couple of the older style in PF 69 but nothing in PF 70. I guess I'll have to keep mining on eBay until I find a 2010-2014 in PF 69.

I was wondering about that (presidential multi coin holder) myself. I really like how the older style looked and I've only been able to find the 2007-2009 long way style that's in PF 69. I've got a couple of the older style in PF 69 but nothing in PF 70. I guess I'll have to keep mining on eBay until I find a 2010-2014 in PF 69.

They definitely get scarce after 2009, for the reasons alluded to above. I've got everything from 2007-13 in the old multi holders -- most recently this 2012 that took literally nearly two years to track down: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141356647598 -- paid too much, I know, but if you can find another like it for cheaper more power to you.

Did some searching on NGC's website, the multi-coins were introduced in 2003, in 2007 they said they were very popular, in 2011 they became available to bulk submitters only. There is no other mention about muti-coin holders on the website after Dec 2010 other than information on how to look up multi-coin holders in the serial number certification section. There may be in the elite members section but I can't access that.

I really wish they would bring back the option for CS members even the Elite level. I prefer the white inserts for toned coins.

I hate to give business to PCGS but for proof and mint set submissions I have no other choice.

They definitely get scarce after 2009, for the reasons alluded to above. I've got everything from 2007-13 in the old multi holders -- most recently this 2012 that took literally nearly two years to track down: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141356647598 -- paid too much, I know, but if you can find another like it for cheaper more power to you.

Oh wow, a tad bit higher than I want to spend.

I used to buy them, knowing they wouldn't be worth what I paid later, just to have them in easier to display holders as a gift for my son.

I learned my lesson NEVER to buy "different" things while the set/series hasn't ended.

USMint screwed me with the stamp/SHQ series, where they are supposed to be some of the really first struck coins (they never finished the series of this product) and now what I have are "orphans", and then NGC with the lack of following through on these presidential multiholders.

I honestly think $30 is really too much but I was paying that, and a little above. No more as I WILL NOT pay above that for coins that really aren't worth much more than face value + some plastic values.

It's a bummer that NGC dropped the multis. I really like presentations like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/121399101462

If they were still around, and if they let mere mortals do it, and if I had a level of confidence that they'd keep doing it, I'd reholder all my modern commems like this.

But I'm probably in the minority...