• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Determing Value for an VF DETAILS 1926-S Mercury

6 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

You will have to excuse my ignorance when it comes to pricing of coins. I have only really ever bought coins. Due to my financial situation, I need to sell my collection. Just yesterday I received my order back from NGC and one of the Mercury Dimes I sent in was given an VF Details Grade and also said it was improperly cleaned. I find it amzing that that can determine that after 20 plus years of it being in storage. I need to sell this coin but really don't know how to price it. Anyone's opinion or help would be greatly appreciated.

-Tom ♠

auction sales for vf 30 coins to vf 35 coins slabbed pcgs or ngc

were selling for 100-110 dollars the last year or so and this includes the 17.5 oercent buyers commission since the seller usually does not get this and even sometimes pays 55 auction selling fee

the buyer gets 78-94 dollars approx. net 45 days after the auction closes

so my grade with your coin in the slabbed ngc coin vf details improperly cleaned is worth

hmmmmmmmm the obverse is much nicer from the photos the reverse only looks fine 15+

i would say your coin is worth in this holder selling it to a dealer on the bourse that has waiting customers $40 or so maybe more if the buyer thinks he can crack it out of the holder and get more for it selling it as problem free

The pictured coin received a VF Details grade, not XF Details. Viewing auction results for similar coins that have sold in the recent past gives a good indication of current value. A bit tougher with problem coins but usually still possible.

In this case you're looking at $30-$40 or so. Even if it were XF Details you'd still be well under $100.

Thanks guys,

I really appreciate the feedback. I am going to list it for $40 Shipped and see if anything comes of it. I don't have much of a choice, I have to sell it one way or another. Thanks again!

-Tom ♠