• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ANA Show No Longer Being Held in San Jose?

27 posts in this topic

Anyone have more info on this? Something about the SJ City Council voting to have an auto race on one of the same days just three blocks from the convention center.

Boy, that bites. I was looking forward to attending.

I wonder where it will be moved to? Likely somewhere much farther away for greg and me.

frown.gif

suckscriber? Something tells me that was not a typo.

-JamminJ

Boy, that bites. I was looking forward to attending.

I wonder where it will be moved to? Likely somewhere much farther away for greg and me.

I'd suggest moving it to a big city like Los Angeles, but knowing the ANA they'll pick Boise.

suckscriber? Something tells me that was not a typo.

Nope, not a typo. While CW is a so-so paper, their editor, the lawyer threatening jerk William Gibbs is an [#@$%!!!].

I'd suggest moving it to a big city like Los Angeles, but knowing the ANA they'll pick Boise.

I DO hope so! yay.gif (Lots closer to the Bozone.) Ever been to Boise? Probably would bore you big city folk to tears! 27_laughing.gif

Hoot

Ah CRAPP!

What did those dolts in SJ wait until NOW to decide this? An auto race? You've got to be fricken kidding me....

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

jom

The auto race was approved. It will be great fun. It is similar to a European Grand Prix race where these wild cars zoom through the streets. It will make every red-blooded American who watches desire to drive fast on the way home smile.gif

It is the same weekend the ANA was scheduled for. I don't know why they should move the show? It would be great fun to take a lunch break from the show and see the race.

I hadn't heard the ANA is moving the show. Too bad! I hope they reconsider and keep it here in SJ!

poor planning for contingecies they knew it would most probably be here this auto thing a couple of years ago as it was in the final stages of negoations and the convention should have looked ahead and planned better

at worst case predictions as of now there will be one helleva fight for parking, rooms and transportation between this auto thing and the ana convention

not a pleasant experience by any means

but as per the above only time will tell

michael

Do you mean ANA already have decided not to have a show next year in San Jose?

That's too bad....Carl's BBQ is gone frown.gif

Oh well, I have to cancel my reservation for hotel. Glad I hadn't bought flight ticket yet. Do you know where will ANA show be held next summer instead ? I hope it will be held in West coast.....or in Hawaii wink.gif

Oh well, I have to cancel my reservation for hotel.

You might want to wait for an official announcement...it's only rumor at this point...uh...I think.

jom

Oh well, I have to cancel my reservation for hotel.

You might want to wait for an official announcement...it's only rumor at this point...uh...I think.

jom

I thought it was determined already. I hope it's just a rumor...I need a "cross fingres" icon wink.gif

I don't think it's rumor anymore. I'm awaiting ANA's announcement of the new location. Probably somewhere horrible - not like Boise. smirk.gif

Hoot

It seems the ANA has decided to move the show to San Francisco.

Really? That sucks. Longer drive, higher priced everything, and people in SF don't even collect coins, they give them to the homeless!

are there many gay coin collectors 893scratchchin-thumb.gif or are all you guys in the closet confused-smiley-013.gif

gay men have larger disposible incomes and this might be good for the convention if held in san fran cloud9.gif893applaud-thumb.gifcloud9.gif

also you guys might pick up a nice boyfriend cool.gif/love interest smile.gif for yourselves yay.gifcloud9.gifyay.gif

michael

Rumor has it, the show might be moved to Fresno?

Fresno??!! Where the men are men and the sheep are scared? Unbelievable! 893whatthe.gif

grin.gif

jom

Rumor has it, the show might be moved to Fresno?

Fresno??!! Where the men are men and the sheep are scared? Unbelievable! 893whatthe.gif

grin.gif

jom

Hey! I was born there, so ewe leave my momma alone! mad.gif

Hoot

Could someone please give me the exact adress for the ANA show in San Francisco?

I'm quite dissapointed that the the show will move from San Jose and not sure if I still want to attend the alternative show in San Francisco, but would like to make a reservation for hotel anyway.

I'll keep on checking their website for the update then.

Anyway, I don't feel the necessity of sticking to ANA show any more. I might change my schedule and attend the Long Beach Show in Sep. instead.