• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why honor weak PCGS FBL standard?

2 posts in this topic

Sight unseen, if I were a FBL collector, I'd never buy a PCGS coin since I don't believe their FBL designation is worth ANY premium. I don't consider a Franklin with 4 of 7 bell lines to have complete bell lines and those that collect PCGS-standard FBL Franklins should really think about what they are paying extra money for.

sign-rantpost.gifThis issues forces me to ask the obvious question...With differing standards in place for the FBL designation between PCGS and NGC, why does the NGC registry give equal credit to PCGS coins? It would be interesting to remove the weaker PCGS FBL coins (give them credit for MS grade only) and see how all the rankings get revised. Just a thought.

It's a good thought since they make a distinction with Jefferson nickels, assuming all PCGS graded coins are 5 FS. Makes sense to me.

Hoot