• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan grade help

13 posts in this topic

I'm starting out also. The coin is a bit hard to tell but if I had to grade the coin based on its looks currently, for the first one I would say it's a MS 63 ish? Maybe 4 but that's just based on the current photo. For the second Coin I would say it's a MS62 Just based on the photo. And my opinion is not to be offended by. Enjoy your coins man!

The lighting on the pics are not real good. It's hard to see the fields very good. I will make a guess of MS64 for both of them from what I can see.

Poor lighting and lack of focus make it impossible to give an accurate assessment.

From the pics I would say AU on both.

Better photos may result in a change in my opinion.

The first coin looks like a 64 to me.

Is the second one blue, as it appears in the image? If so, it looks unnatural, though uncirculated.

Both coins have sharpness grades in the MS-63 (first) MS-64 (second) area. They look like they have been dipped and improperly rinsed, which has left a residue of chemicals on them. It looks like a film on the surfaces.

This effect could be due to the photography, but if the pictures are accurate, I've seen this before. It might be improved by some expert conservation techniques.

Im sorry for the poor pictures (Iphone on tripod). I have a new camera coming and will have much better coin pictures in the future with better lighting.

The first coin is ICG slabbed MS64

Both coins have sharpness grades in the MS-63 (first) MS-64 (second) area. They look like they have been dipped and improperly rinsed, which has left a residue of chemicals on them. It looks like a film on the surfaces.

This effect could be due to the photography, but if the pictures are accurate, I've seen this before. It might be improved by some expert conservation techniques.

These were my thoughts as well other than I would have said 63 tops

The first one could go as high as MS 65 if it's surfaces are as nice as the bad photo suggests. The second looks to have reflective fields that don't show in the picture. It might be as high as MS 64 PL.

Practice your photo skills.

I can't judge very well with these photos.

On the first coin, I can see why people are saying MS, but I'm going AU55 ish. Doesn't look like there's a lot of luster left and it looks dipped to me. Plus there appears to be rub marks in the hair and bonnet.

The 80 S looks like it still has some nice luster. The color is intersting. I'm not expert on toning, so my comments are purely on the coin. I'll venture it as an MS64.