• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK I am looking for feedback from those of you that submit ancient coins for certification posted by RAM-VT

5 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Has NGC Ancients become the Black Hole of Calcutta????

On June 16 a submittal of mine arrived at NGC. Those of you that follow your submittal through NGC know that the first step in the process is simply acknowledgement that you submittal arrive and the number of coins match the number on the order form. The next step is verification of the submittal. This step can be quick or take time based on the number of coins and how correct you were in providing info on each coin. Once this step is completed your status will be "scheduled for grading." Well that submittal of 11 coins has been at NGC for over six weeks and has not moved past "Received." In the past I have never waited anywhere near this amount of time to move from "received" to "scheduled for grading."

I have a second submittal of only one coin there for one day short of two weeks now and it is also noted as received.

Are those of you who routinely submit ancients experience such delays???

Does NGC need to increase staff to handle the submittals they are now receiving??

Any thoughts??

Don't you think they should provide some info on these very long delays or at least warn us that they are happening???? After all we pay the fees that keep them going.

See more journals by RAM-VT

Ummm....today is June 30. If the coins arrived on June 16, how can that be six weeks?

Ummm....today is June 30. If the coins arrived on June 16, how can that be six weeks?

Strangely, on www.collectors-society.com it says May 16 and boards.collectors-society.com says June 16.