• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Whens the last time u seen this?

14 posts in this topic

h0dpJBu.jpg

or just the link here since the picture is so big in the preview. Its an old anacs holder. The date of the slab was from 1985.

BIG picture ;)

I like those...I have a couple....though, mine don't have the dealer's price tag on them...particularly at that level...... :D

I just got it sent off to ngc along with some toned nickels and a 1942 6 piece proof set :)

$2000 "then" and now ~$4xx-$5xx, if same grade and not fantastically toned...according to "recent" auction records.

This date was one the ones i think they found a huge hoard of.

It is not an ANACS holder

it is a Capital plastics holder containing the coin and photocert from ANACS

Oh ok thanks man. It's still cool finding the old anacs slip though

what I really like about them is seeing what date/year they were graded

and who was the owner/submitter back then

and then comparing the coin with it to the B&W picture to see if I can convince myself they are the same coin.

It is getting close to 30 years since these were graded.

what I really like about them is seeing what date/year they were graded

and who was the owner/submitter back then

and then comparing the coin with it to the B&W picture to see if I can convince myself they are the same coin.

It is getting close to 30 years since these were graded.

I like how they graded both sides of the coin, to really know u got a good coin. I just got that submitted to NGC so I'm going to see what grade they slap on the coin.

I like how they graded both sides of the coin, to really know u got a good coin.

This is an ANACS 6 certificate used from some time in 1983 to around Dec 1985. Two ANACS generations later on ANACS 8 on the back you would find that the coin was graded by 4 graders and the obv and rev opinion of each grader is shown. They also rated the luster, surfaces, eye appeal and strike quality. You could really see what went into the decision on the final grade. This continued through ANACS 9 and 10 as well until they started using slabs