• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Morgan and Kennedy Error Help Needed

13 posts in this topic

I recent picked up this coins recently and trying to find out more about the error.

This Morgan has what looks to be a die punch in the denticle on the Reverse side above the A in States. I showed it to a few dealer at a Chicago show recently and some thought it was a die error while other thought it was a drill mark. The punch/hole is angled and not straight on. I discount the drill hole theory because the hole is on the denticle and not a flat surface, plus it does not go through the coin.

I would like some help determining what I have here other then a VAM 202A.

148282.jpg.8dd33340f35f28ab16e33ea8026fd6ac.jpg

148283.jpg.a041effcd0f50dc18ac210778a11db54.jpg

148284.jpg.6fa29fe0bffde50da77764d74dd53fba.jpg

I believe post mint damage also. Over time I would think the raised metal would have been worn down or knocked off after many years.

It's definitely PMD, but you would need better photos to have it attributed unless, of course, that person is messydesk. I understand that he can attribute them in the dark without a loupe.

Chris