• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you send this in to be graded?

7 posts in this topic

Ok I bought a coin back in the summer..... The coin has a light PCV on it that will need to be removed... the guy said it was at least MS 63 and knew it was more than that.. anyhow.. bought the coin for the supposed AU price after discount.... not much difference between 63 and AU prices...... Well I would like some imput as if you think the coin is worth sending in.... Will the grading cost offset the coin? or will it get a grade that will make up for it...

Here is a picture...

662382-1935d.jpg

662382-1935d.jpg.544dda9968df1c21d1b6e5aec8eff76c.jpg

I think you should send it in! Looks like a great coin!!

The Texas commem's happen to be one of my favorites. It's been accused of having too "busy" a design, but I like their intricate detail.

James

I don't think its worth the certification costs as you can buy a truly lovely, high grade Texas half for not a lot of money. An MS63 does not hold much allure. Also, is that wear on Ms Liberty's knee? If so, it is an AU coin.

I'm not an expert by any means on early commems but I did go to Heritage Archives and looked at a few in 64/65/66 holders. Yours appears to be as good as this 64 and equal to or better then this 65 . Who knows? Might even make 66!

If you only paid AU price for it, it just might be worth sending in.

Aahhh, SH*T! Heritage Archives won't let the links work but you can check them out for yourself, if you're signed up with them. Use Sale and Lot numbers from the 64 and 65 links.

that is what I have been doing... looking at some Hertitage auctions.. I also think it has a shot at 66... Either way if it goes in or not.... it is still a nice coin at a great price... a really nice design!

I don't think its worth the certification costs as you can buy a truly lovely, high grade Texas half for not a lot of money. An MS63 does not hold much allure. Also, is that wear on Ms Liberty's knee? If so, it is an AU coin.

--------------------

Tom

Questions about toning? Read the articles on my web site.

Ivy League Coin

AS PER THE ABOVE I TOTALY AGREE WITH TOMB thumbsup2.gif AND COULD NOT HAVE SAID THIS BETTER MYSELF 893applaud-thumb.gif

michael