• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Richmond Collection

9 posts in this topic

So now what happens? The sale is 2/3 over, do the sets stay up and die a slow death as the coins that NGC Registry participants bought are piecemeal moved over to the new owner's sets?

Are the sold sets cleared out at year end? Or do they stay up for a long time like the La Jolla set?

I would think that people who bought many of the Richmond coins are going to want to add them to their own Registry Sets. I do not know if NGC will do this as coins are received by buyers and entered in sets, or immediately.

Sets are removed at the request of the previous owner. This usually happens when there are a number of new owners who are trying to register their coins. NGC politely asks the previous owner to delete any coin(s) that are no longer owned.

I deal with DLRC quite often. They are a reputable firm and I would think that it would be in their best interests to remove Richmond II registry set coins that have been sold and delivered.

I have had to wait for approval on entering NGC registry coins several times and it is a little frustrating. In fact, I am waiting on one now. I always remove sold coins from the registry immediately.

• Administrator

We actually have pulled a copy of the database with the Richmond collection in it for that purpose.

P.S. I forgot to mention I'm very prejusticed as the Richmond PL Registry of 5 coins is at #10 and I'm at #11 (with 15 coins), and I have a rarer coin or two in PL! I think the DLRC dealership should release the set, now that there's a disk on file recording this collection.