• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does NGC/PCGS have offices in Las Vegas?

8 posts in this topic

Interesting question. The Pawn Stars episode I recall had a blonde woman that I think identified herself as Laura from PCGS. Maybe she was in town for a convention or something. She seemed a bit silly.

Edited to add, it was to examine paper money.

PCGS seems to have small 'members only' shows in Vegas a couple times a year (about 40 dealers and club members). The head honchos and quite a few staff seem to be there.

don't think so. Laura Kessler, VP of Business Development for PCGS Currency, was on a recent episode giving her opinion about an uncut sheet of giori test notes.

http://www.pcgscurrency.com/kessler.html

What I'm thinking is, the Pawn Stars know what items they'll need an opinion on before it's filmed and they fly in representatives. The show is definitely a bit scripted and items are prescreened before the deal is filmed.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Our David Vagi (who was featured a couple weeks ago) flies out for the shoot.

yeah i saw that one. and that's what i thought. i think it's great you guys work with them. it's great exposure for NGC and it's important for people to know that certified coins are more attractive to some (likely most) collectors. it's a win for everybody involved in numismatics.