• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultraprooflike / perfect-mirror obverse 5 oz Chacos, graded NGC MS68 - MS69 PL

2 posts in this topic

For sale here

Payment by check, money order, or low-fee services like Dwolla, or add 3% to pay by Paypal. Shipping will be delayed until checks clear unless you have an established history here.

Add $2.25 per order for USPS first-class shipping (up to 13 ounces) or $5.85 for priority mail shipping, plus $1 per $100 for insurance on orders over $300. 7-day returns (excluding shipping). Please ask if you have any questions. --Michael

5 ounce silver America the Beautiful bullion coins:

* This is a group of really neat 5 ounce Chacos that all have nearly perfect-mirror obverse fields (much greater reflectivity I've seen on any other 5-ounce ATB coins, including a number graded DPL/DMPL; basically like looking in a mirror if you look at your reflection, even through the slab). The effect is especially striking on this design with the large open field at the top.

The overall reflectivity (based on the reverses) ranges from non-PL to what I think is DPL (designated up to PL by NGC). The pictures don't adequately indicate the reflectivity, but I tried to make sure they show all significant features.

- MS 69. $200. Non-prooflike reverse (it has a kind of interesting regular textured pattern instead under magnification). The only feature worth noting is the small die abrasion on the left rim, which is highlighted in the first close-up picture. The slab has some scuff marks.

3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg1.jpg

- MS 68 PL. $205. Apparently held back from MS 69 PL only by the die break (or whatever it is) through the 'E' in "CULTURE." Typical PL reverse reflectivity from what I've seen. (Some of the interesting texture noted on the previous coin is also still visible under magnification.) The slab has some scuff marks.

0.jpg6.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

- MS 69 PL. $215. Prooflike reverse as above with essentially no notable marks.

3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

- Graded MS 68 PL, but the reverse looks fully DPL/DMPL to me based on others I have with that designation. $225. The grade is determined by the die breaks in the field as shown in the first close-up picture (the scratches are on the slab, but aren't too noticeable in hand). One more picture can be found here.

3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

- Graded MS 68 PL, but looks MS 69 DPL/DMPL to me (reverse reflectivity is like the previous coin). $235. The light spots in the field look like water spots and may be removable, but I'm not sure (this might be worth resubmitting through NCS). There are some light scuff marks on the slab.

3.jpg4.jpg1.jpg2.jpg