• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One of the Finest Selections of Colonials We'll Ever See.

7 posts in this topic

I rarely post anyting about auctions or individual coins, but for this Heritage sale, I'll make an exception. If you have the slightest couriosity about pre-Federal coinage of the colonies and related pieces, take a few hours and look/read through Newman IV catalog.

Few of us can afford any of these coins and tokens, but the education gained from reading about them is priceless -- and free!

http://coins.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=51+793+794+791+1577+792+2088+4294948587&ic=Items-OpenAuctions-Open-BrowseViewLots-071713

I own a few Colonials - nothing in the price ranges at that auction, though. It is amazing though that you can still buy incredibly scarce pieces at 3 and 4 digit prices.

I've already been out bid.

$10 just doesn't go very far these days.

I've already been out bid.

$10 just doesn't go very far these days.

Oh, that was you who outbid me!

Yep, that was me with the deep (and empty) pockets. The NJ copper I wanted is already up to $15,000.