• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1882 CC Morgan Silver Dollars Uncirculated Roll of 20 w/ Clash Marks on All

5 posts in this topic

Hi there--I have a roll of 20 1882 Carson City Morgan silver dollars in uncirculated condition. These coins come from a GSA sale in the mid-1970s. Although they have not yet been graded, they appear to have an overall grade of MS 64 or higher, including one with a leaf imprint striking error on the obverse. They all have three points of clash on the reverse: the eagle wing, and left and right wreath. The obverse also shows three points of clash to varying degrees: the neck, the cap, and the nose area. Is there an auction history of sale prices for rolls of this description? I'd appreciate any information out there. Thanks.--George

Hey there--thanks to everyone for your posts. I'm still learning the system, here, so please bear with me as I figure things out. These coins were purchased about 15 years ago, and they came to me in a plastic case with a green plastic top that says "United States Mint Treasury." The information that they were from the GSA sale came from the seller, who said he had put them into a safety deposit box immediately after getting them. I'll work on getting some photos of these coins to post, soon. Thanks for your patience.--George

If it's as you describe you could easily have over $5000 in that roll. That said, I'm not aware of the mints rolling these, although I've seen rolled Morgans, I think on eBay. I could be wrong. Why don't you just throw it on eBay and ask $7500 or best, and see what you get? Another way to do it is to show us the individual coins and we'll identify the ones we think would be good for plastic and trade for you in that better market.

If these coins were part of a GSA sale in the 70s, they will be in the black packs. If they are in a roll, there is no GSA provenance. Please post pics so we can have some idea of what you have.

If these coins were part of a GSA sale in the 70s, they will be in the black packs. If they are in a roll, there is no GSA provenance. Please post pics so we can have some idea of what you have.

yes, please post pictures of what you have. You don't have a GSA roll, you might have a roll that was purchased during the GSA Morgan push. I would like to see if your roll is MS64.. if so, you have a nice roll that should be certified.

The 82-CC VAM-2 Hit List 40 series are the only ones that are attributed by NGC & PCGS. Since you have the coins in hand, it would be easier for you to see which VAM's you have by checking them against VAMWorld.

Chris