• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st entry by Lightman188

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Just joined today...

I have been interested in coins, and collecting coins since I was a small child. I have merely done this as a hobby until very recently, while going through my coins and found a few with some actual "value"! This has opened my eyes to a world that I previously have never known to exist. As a beginner, the road to learning numismatics has been quite a learning experience. I knew I needed to join a grading and or collecting society, but wasn't sure whether to go with NGC, or PCGS. So, on a whim, I chose NGC. I am the type of person that will remain involved in anything where I feel I am being treated fairly. So, as long as I feel that way about NGC, I will be here! I have learned a lot already, and am looking forward to learning more!

See more journals by Lightman188

Welcome too NGC and the chat boards. I think you will find that most people that post on here will go out of their way too assist you or answer your questions if they can. There is a wealth of knowledge available too you and knowledge IMHO is the one thing that will benefit you the most in your collecting pursuits. Enjoy the journey

Welcome to Collector's Society, I think you will appreciate the knowledge base here. Since knowledge is a two-way street, I look forward to your contributions and insights on collecting as well. I hope your experience here is both enriching and enjoyable. All the best.

Gary

Hello and Welcome!!

This really is a great community. There are so many great collectors on here pursuing many diverse pursuits within this great hobby! You definitely made the right choice with NGC.

Best of luck in your new hobby and Best Regards!!

~Tom

Welcome to our fabulous club I agree with all the posts so far entered and especially with Alan. Ask most any question and it shall be answered. Always gain the knowledge prior to jumping in to buy any coin, especially the high dollar ones.

Best of Luck in your pursuits and keep us up to date.

Michael

Welcome aboard Lightman. You could not have selected a finer place to hang out. :)

Great Coins ---- Great Collecting Lessons & Knowledge ----- GREAT PEOPLE!!

Good Luck on your coin endeavors.

Rick

Lightman, Like all above have said you picked the best TPG in the world. And everybody here will go out of their way to help. I for one would like to know what coins interest you I'm into modern coins for the most part mostly because I'm collecting in the hopes of helping any grand children I have with College cost. if you have any questions please feel free to ask and remember there is no such thing as a stupid question .......Mike

Welcome aboard to the Collector's Society .

Picking NGC in my opinion was a wise choice. The collectors here insert a lot of information in their Posts, also there is a lot of info here on this site which should help you in your research.

Good luck! And enjoy!

Hello Lightman. Welcome to the Support Group... I mean Peer Pressure Area.... I mean collector's society.... lol

Seriously though. We're a bunch of people who enjoy the hobby and I have not had one question that was not answered very cheerfully by multiple people on here. I have truly learned a lot and as others have mentioned, knowledge is a two way street, so I hope I have been able to teach as well.

We all look forward to watching your collection progress. However, don't look for any of us to talk you out of a reasonable purchase. We'll be there to push you off the cliff. lol

Marcus