• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

C.U. Bannings--Irrational?

34 posts in this topic

I don't know how others feel about how aggressive "Collector's Universe" is on banning members who post incisive things they don't care for. To me it seems they are arbitrary and petty in their criteria in many cases. Such aggressive ostracization creates intimidation where active members become fearful of being banned based on questionable and unknown criteria. In many cases there have been no warnings given nor even reasons provided as to why members suddenly get kicked out unless they "humbly" appeal the expulsion. Is there any way to reform what appears to be unjust treatment of many members who actually have been leaders in numismatics for many years such as Mark Feld and RWB?

They're a cult. I'll bet I can pick anybody off the street who can add two and two together and they'll tell you that.

I don't know how others feel about how aggressive "Collector's Universe" is on banning members who post incisive things they don't care for. To me it seems they are arbitrary and petty in their criteria in many cases. Such aggressive ostracization creates intimidation where active members become fearful of being banned based on questionable and unknown criteria. In many cases there have been no warnings given nor even reasons provided as to why members suddenly get kicked out unless they "humbly" appeal the expulsion. Is there any way to reform what appears to be unjust treatment of many members who actually have been leaders in numismatics for many years such as Mark Feld and RWB?

They're a cult. I'll bet I can pick anybody off the street who can add two and two together and they'll tell you that.

The individuals named might not agree it was unjust treatment.

I did not consider my situation as unjust treatment. More of a mutual sigh of relief, and more likely than not a sigh of relief emanated from the other members upon my leave of absence. I would agree with them...I don't like myself either, sometimes. Well, in truth, a lot of times. :cry:

I did not consider my situation as unjust treatment. More of a mutual sigh of relief, and more likely than not a sigh of relief emanated from the other members upon my leave of absence. I would agree with them...I don't like myself either, sometimes. Well, in truth, a lot of times. :cry:

I banned myself from there. I since appealed to myself to let myself back, and I just won't do it.

I banned myself from there. I since appealed to myself to let myself back, and I just won't do it.

:roflmao: