• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Top Watch Dealers?

6 posts in this topic

I have a lawyer who got my contact info. on the NGC site and has some watches that he says are rare and high value. He has some Rolexes and the following: 2 gold closing pocket watches, a LeSois and Longines, solid gold, the LeSois is swiss made, 17 Jewels, incablot.

Does anyone have a good contact for customers wanting to sell these watches? Thanks!

Does anyone have a good contact for customers wanting to sell these watches? Thanks!

I don't collect high-end watches, but I'm not quite sure why you are asking this.

If the lawyer is contacting you about selling them to you, why would you need contact information for other people selling similar items?

Personally, the first thing I would do is check with the state bar association for the lawyer who contacted you to ensure that he is a member in good standing.

Next, if you're contemplating buying any of these, I would make any potential sale (and transfer of funds) dependent on authentication and appraisal.

I'm sure you know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." And, like Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars says, "It's not that I don't trust you because I don't trust anybody."

Chris

I don't collect high-end watches, but I'm not quite sure why you are asking this.

If the lawyer is contacting you about selling them to you, why would you need contact information for other people selling similar items?

Personally, the first thing I would do is check with the state bar association for the lawyer who contacted you to ensure that he is a member in good standing.

Next, if you're contemplating buying any of these, I would make any potential sale (and transfer of funds) dependent on authentication and appraisal.

I'm sure you know the old saying, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is." And, like Rick Harrison of Pawn Stars says, "It's not that I don't trust you because I don't trust anybody."

Chris

i couldnt agree more. i smell a rat for some reason.

Chris

Why? It sounds like the poster wants to get an expert opinion regarding value and/or find a potential buyer for the items.

Chris

Why? It sounds like the poster wants to get an expert opinion regarding value and/or find a potential buyer for the items.

To me, the wording lacks clarity.

Chris

I was just looking for who the leading buyers are of watches, since I know next to nothing about Rolexes and other high end watches I was wondering who to refer him to as he got my contact information on the NGC site. I have absolutely no interest buying items I am not expert in. It looks like HA regularly runs auctions on high end watches, maybe I should refer him to them?