• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pawn shop browsing! Seen gold! Pics added!!!

34 posts in this topic

The coin has a dent or depressed area on the "E" in "STATES" on the reverse, which comes through as a raised area on the "19" of the date on the obverse. The coin was "pinched" somehow and is damaged. I would pass.

Compare it with this one, and you will see that mark is not on this piece.

1913O_zps05037f39.jpg1913R_zps64e29293.jpg

FWIW a no qualifier AU 53 slabbed coin can be had for about $275. If you purchase for $200, spend $50 to get it slabbed before you find out if it has problems....I would personally opt for the insurance of an already slabbed problem free coin. If it came back as a problem free AU I think it would be a good deal.

FWIW a no qualifier AU 53 slabbed coin can be had for about $275. If you purchase for $200, spend $50 to get it slabbed before you find out if it has problems....I would personally opt for the insurance of an already slabbed problem free coin. If it came back as a problem free AU I think it would be a good deal.

I agree with this post.

As previously mentioned, the coin would make a nice jewelry piece for a ring, and they can look pretty nice if you want to go that route.

Nice piece Bill! I knew the spot was damage when it was brought to my attention. Didn't see it in the pawn shop. Was too small for me to pay attention. I'm learning now. lol