• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Strange 2001D Vermont Quarter. Is it an error? Need Help

11 posts in this topic

Hello, I came across this 2001 D Vermont quarter which appears to have no copper clad line....rather it is only bright silver and also sounds "thinner" when dropped. I haven't weighed it but it also feels lighter weight than a normal quarter. For comparison, I placed a normal quarter beside the "strange" quarter when looking at the side views.

Any help would be most appreciated.

145051.jpg.9a3574a503966f045d0b8b7837be4b74.jpg

Can't really tell if it's been plated. I'm wondering if it may be a silver proof Qtr that made it in to circulation.

A silver proof would have an S mint mark. Probably just a plated telemarketer coin. When we bought in collections with those, we just threw them in the cash register.

Can't really tell if it's been plated. I'm wondering if it may be a silver proof Qtr that made it in to circulation.

A silver proof would have an S mint mark. Probably just a plated telemarketer coin. When we bought in collections with those, we just threw them in the cash register.

doh! What was I thinking. lol

So...if indeed electrolyte-plated, would the plating be platinum?

So...if indeed electrolyte-plated, would the plating be platinum?

We saw pieces plated in various metals, including gold and platinum.