• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need help with a new rare CC morgan

37 posts in this topic

I too thought his concern was based on a possible counterfeit slab which implies counterfeit coin. As opposed to complaining about the aesthetics of the holder as seemingly others jumped on him about.

I too thought his concern was based on a possible counterfeit slab which implies counterfeit coin. As opposed to complaining about the aesthetics of the holder as seemingly others jumped on him about.

After only one person had replied to the thread, the OP wrote:

"i didnt think it was fake. thanks for the confirmation.

I was just weirded out by the black wavy line through the hologram..."

And in his next post he wrote:

"i believe the coin is authentic all the way.

im just trying to firgure out what the black line is on the hologram. its def not a shadow. its a line right in the hologram.

Could it just be a minor flaw in the hologram?

also wanted to see if anyone knew which die pairing it maight be...

thanks "

Anybody have the link to that Morgan Silver Dollar thread where the guy wrote in and asked our opinion on 4 MSDs.....turned out to be fakes....Secret Service got involved and nabbed the Connecticut countfeiter ?

I see what you are talking about.....You say it isn't raised, so it's inside the holder? PCGS would probably check it out and re-holder it for you or tell you it's counterfeit.

Bud hm