• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Show Your Gold

81 posts in this topic

Boiler - I miss the days when you used to show me your stuff in hand. Always a treat. I do dark side now, but still enjoy your eye candy. Thanks!

Edited to add: I base my dark side pursuits in large part imitating what you do: chase cool stuff that fancy you.

EVP

Sweet coin (thumbs u

Thanks. Yours too. I know too little about ancients. Kindly tell me a bit about your piece. (Honestly, I can't even tell if it's Celtic, or Greek, or pre-Greek.)

Edited to add: upon reflection, I guess it is from Crete?

Edited again: never mind - I've no clue what it is!!! Please do tell.

Just took a great picture of a $20 Saint and a $20 gold certificate from my collection, but can't seem to find a way to upload it unless it is hosted on a website. Too bad.

CSDot....

(1) Goto Imagebam.com

(2) Hit SELECT FILES and goto your files and click on all the pictures you want to download.

(3) Hit SELECT drop-arrow and choose FAMILY SAFE CONTENT

(4) THUMBNAIL drop-arrow select 350x350 (leave the aspect ratio and JPEG assuming you took JPEGs).

(5) Hit UPLOAD

When you do that the files upload and you will see 2 boxes: 1 is for BB-code and the right-side is HTML code. Copy and Paste the entire code in the BB-code and copy it into your post here.

The pics should be uploaded !! :grin: (thumbs u

EVP Some old gold darkside style from the dawn of coinage for your viewing pleasure. :)

b20Lydian_stater_560-525BC.jpg

I guess I'm really not surprised, but *dang* that's the nicest one of those I've ever seen. I really want an electrum example (the gold is just too far out of my price range). These early Lydian coins are just cool.

I thought the very same thing when I viewed it a couple days ago. Whoop, whoop, whoop!

That's woo-woo-woo, you knucklehead !!! :grin:

Now grab that gasoline pump and top off my radiator !! (thumbs u

Boiler when does your museum open cuz I'm going to buy a ticket!
I'd be first in line. Boiler has been posting the most amazing stuff both here and ATS for years. And so many other coins in this thread ain't chopper liver either.

Here's an unusual piece. A Dahlonega Love Token.

Mizpah%201849-D%20$1%20OBV.jpg

Mizpah%201849-D%20$1%20REV.jpg