• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Having trouble adding coins to the registry...

19 posts in this topic

I have been trying to add two PCGS coins to the registry for a few days and I keep having the same problem. As you can see below, the "coin" drop-down boxes don't appear at all. I have tried from 2 different PCs with the same results. I added some earlier-dated PCGS coins successfully but have had no luck with the moderns. What's up here?

The coins are:

Cert 21638704 1972-S $1 Silver Ike MS-68

Cert 72102269 1976-S $1 Clad Type 2 Ike PF-69DCAM

album_pic.php?pic_id=3613

What set are you adding these coins to? If it is a TypeSet then you will not be able to choose what type of coin it is. For all other sets you will be able to select a coin type.

Your friendly neighborhood web developer,

Warfare

What set are you adding these coins to? If it is a TypeSet then you will not be able to choose what type of coin it is. For all other sets you will be able to select a coin type.

Warfare

Thanks for the only reply! I don't get your point though. This box is where one selects whether the coin is a business strike, a proof, and any other special attributes. There is no way to add a coin to a type set without this info. I think its a code problem. Does NGC monitor this board or should I post it in "Ask NGC?"

Thanks again.

• Administrator

Warfare

Thanks for the only reply! I don't get your point though. This box is where one selects whether the coin is a business strike, a proof, and any other special attributes. There is no way to add a coin to a type set without this info. I think its a code problem. Does NGC monitor this board or should I post it in "Ask NGC?"

Thanks again.

I am not sure exactly what was happening here but I was able to add these coins to your set. If you have the same trouble with this set again, please email me at dskeffington@ngccoin.com and I'll look at it for you.

• Administrator

Also, just as an FYI, Warfare is a web developer that is part of the team that works on the site.

• Administrator

Hi,

We've looked into this a little further.

1. You do get to choose a drop down for the coin, even if it's a type set.

2. The only way we could make that drop down fail to appear was to enter a year that was invalid for the slot on the page where you type in the cert numbers.

So perhaps you typed the wrong year into the slot as you added that coin? We're going to add a more explicit error message to make it clear when someone has added a coin to a slot with an invalid year.

I do not understand why my Peace Dollar Registry set keeps deleting coins from my set listing? Recently, when I have brought the Peace Dollar set up to look at it, coins are missing. The '34-S has been deleted on two occasions and the '34-D once. Is there some logical explaination, or am I doing something wrong?

makepoint.gif

• Administrator
I do not understand why my Peace Dollar Registry set keeps deleting coins from my set listing? Recently, when I have brought the Peace Dollar set up to look at it, coins are missing. The '34-S has been deleted on two occasions and the '34-D once. Is there some logical explaination, or am I doing something wrong?

makepoint.gif

We'll look into this. There are some admin actions that can cause this, but I need to check whether or not an admin has been editing the set definition for this particular set.

Arch: It did it again! The Registry dropped a coin (the MS65, 1926-P, Peace Dollar) out of my Registry set again today. The Registry Set is Peace Dollar Registry Set #16. I will leave the space in the set for now, so that you can see the omission.

My problem is a bit different. Coins that were once in my set just disappear for no apparent reason. This has happened at least twice in my commemorative gold set and another several times in my silver commemorative set. It cannot be because someone else has tried to register them, since they are still in my safe-deposit box.

Arch, a while back I sent you a PM about getting my Alabama 2x2 Eliasberg coin back on line. When I go to edit set it says none of my coins fit the Alabama 2x2 slot, although this coin used to show up in my set.

Hi Arch - Here's a whacky one: I go to add photos and text to a newly saved coin (1941-S in my classic Jeffs set (Jefferson nickels, 1938-64)) and I get the following message:

Unable to save comment changes to cert 2502902-006.

Obverse image for 2502902-006 save Failed.

Reverse image for 2502902-006 save Failed.

Two short paragraphs of text and two jpg's, one 59k and the other 61k. Then I go to the coin edit view and there are the photos! But still, they won't show up as being present in the set. 893whatthe.gif

Nutty.

Hoot

• Administrator

Hi Hoot,

Looks like you exceeded our 2,000 character limit. I don't think when we set that limit that we thought we would get such wonderful and detailed notes from our collectors. We're upping the limit and taking steps to avoid "ugly" error messages.