• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1887 Liberty V Nickel- Newp!

15 posts in this topic

After some negotiations and several PM exchanges, I was able to trade a few coins with Benjamin(stldanceartist) for this beautiful 1887 Liberty V Nickel, graded PF64 Cameo, and it's in an old ANACS holder. Benjamin is a great guy to work with and he always provides excellent service.

Thanks again Benjamin!

1887LibertyVFullCoin2_zpsc16fa695.png

1887LibertyVFullCoin_zps016a4640.png

Thanks for the compliments guys! She'll be off to NGC in the near future for a new holder.

Could you share the reason for a new holder choice? Nothing sinister intended in the question, just curious.

Just preference, or economics, or registry, or potential upgrade,or.... :foryou:?

Thanks for the compliments guys! She'll be off to NGC in the near future for a new holder.

Could you share the reason for a new holder choice? Nothing sinister intended in the question, just curious.

Just preference, or economics, or registry, or potential upgrade,or.... :foryou:?

Sure thing John! I plan to start a new registry set and this coin will be filling one of those slots for that set. An upgrade to a 65 wouldn't be too bad either, but I am happy with it as a 64. I just hope that it retains the Cameo designation!

Sure thing John! I plan to start a new registry set and this coin will be filling one of those slots for that set. An upgrade to a 65 wouldn't be too bad either, but I am happy with it as a 64. I just hope that it retains the Cameo designation!

That is a very good reason. I don't grade from pictures, but knowing the Holder, and past observations and personal collection, I would not worry that it won't be a pleasant experience. :whee:

I will mention that you may like to take a closer look at this particular coin. ;):foryou:

That is a very good reason. I don't grade from pictures, but knowing the Holder, and past observations and personal collection, I would not worry that it won't be a pleasant experience. :whee:

I will mention that you may like to take a closer look at this particular coin. ;):foryou:

Is there something more that I should be looking for?