• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

23-S Newman Peace $

12 posts in this topic

I did not view it in hand. But I heard, second hand, that a very sharp dealer bought it and hopes to up-grade it. Accordingly, in this case, the price paid probably had nothing at all to do with the Newman pedigree.

Judging from the tarnished one you showed I'd think this one could stand to hang out in a Dansco for a few years.

Obverse would probably look nice, but the left side of the reverse looks terminal in those pictures.

both sides surfaces look very clean, i bet it makes the upgrade

I think there's only 4-5 MS66s at both PCGS and NGC... thats a tough upgrade to make.

Thats a pretty big gamble...

I think there's only 4-5 MS66s at both PCGS and NGC... thats a tough upgrade to make.

I'm still trying to break even in this hobby, I can really use the money. :)

I'm still trying to break even in this hobby, I can really use the money. :)

sounds like some are not doing something right.

I did not view it in hand. But I heard, second hand, that a very sharp dealer bought it and hopes to up-grade it. Accordingly, in this case, the price paid probably had nothing at all to do with the Newman pedigree.

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of an upgrade (based on the images)? Does the coin have enough eye appeal for a 66?

What are your thoughts on the likelihood of an upgrade (based on the images)? Does the coin have enough eye appeal for a 66?

I wouldn't make such an assessment based on images. I expect that the coin will end up being dipped and I have no idea what it will look like, then.

I wouldn't make such an assessment based on images. I expect that the coin will end up being dipped and I have no idea what it will look like, then.

WOW Mark,

Would not dipping this coin reduce its value??

WOW Mark,

Would not dipping this coin reduce its value??

Not necessarily.