• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Enjoying the super fast internet servers here GUESS THE GRADE

17 posts in this topic

Why in the hell would having a green bean be a hint, or make an iota of difference to the grade? The only thing that affects is the price.

I'd call it VF-30.

Jason I'm with ya buddy!!! Never sent a coin to CAC but it kind of gives you an idea its no under graded. :)

Why in the hell would having a green bean be a hint, or make an iota of difference to the grade? The only thing that affects is the price.

I'd call it VF-30.

Jason I'm with ya buddy!!! Never sent a coin to CAC but it kind of gives you an idea its no under graded. :)

It would indicate it's in a problem free holder.

Jason I'm with ya buddy!!! Never sent a coin to CAC but it kind of gives you an idea its no under graded. \:\)

Wouldn't it tell you it is not over graded ?

The golden Nugget would mean under... :). Amazing how fast we can fire off replys over here!!! Huge round of applause to our host!

The number on the slab, and the very presence of the slab itself, have absolutely no bearing on the grade of the coin. This is where everyone is making their fundamental error. The number on the slab, the green bean, and all that jazz are just the opinions of a few people who have viewed the coin.

THE GRADE OF THE COIN IS SOLELY BASED ON THE COIN ITSELF.

Dimefreak asked for opinions on the grade of the coin - he did not ask for us to guess what NGC or PCGS called it, and he did not ask us for our opinion on CAC's opinion. He asked about the coin!

Jason I'm with ya buddy!!! Never sent a coin to CAC but it kind of gives you an idea its no under graded. \:\)

Wouldn't it tell you it is not over graded ?

The golden Nugget would mean under... :). Amazing how fast we can fire off replys over here!!! Huge round of applause to our host!

Is this an insinuation that there maybe a problem else where, I thought it might have been just me.

The coin in question, I have no clue.

THE GRADE OF THE COIN IS SOLELY BASED ON THE COIN ITSELF.

Not true. It also depends on the OPINION of the grader. Two expert graders can sometimes give the same coin a different grade.