• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1944-S Washington Double Die

2 posts in this topic

To save face from any ignorance that I may show now, or in the future, I want everyone to know that I am new to collecting, so keep this in mind when you ask yourself ''what the hell is he talking about."

Anyway, back to the topic. I have a 1943-S double die, and I can find it mentioned in most price guides, or magazines, but no mention of the 1944-S double die quarter's that I have. Is this because of the lack of interest, or the lack of knowledge about these coins.

There is an excellent book that has been released recently written by James Wiles. It covers the years 1942 - 1944 and is the second volume in the series. It covers all attributions and has a comprehensive pricing guide.

I have seen it listed on E-bay for under the $39.95 issue price. Tile is: Washington Quarter Dollar Book (an Attribution & Pricing Guide) by James Wiles, PHD, Volume II - 1942-1944.

Good luck and have fun,

Doug