• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am looking for a good photographer.......will pay, obviously

16 posts in this topic

Hey all, i have a couple coins that i absolutlely CANNOT capture the true beauty of! I was hoping that someone can referre me to someone who might be able to help me.......

these babies are really luterous with great color and Semi PL surfaces........but i cant prove it unless its in hand!

Any referrences will be helpful.

If you are referring yourself, please show me an example of some work......

Thanks again

Nick

I've used both Shane's and Justin's (KryptoniteComics and Deerefan8420) imaging service and they are both excellent!

Very professional individuals and also very affordable service.

Here's a hint....

When you have coins to get photographed, make sure to be explicit about the coins when talking to the proposed photographer.

Some are great at silver coins, even toned, and not so much for copper. Some are great for copper but not so much toned proofs. Etc etc etc.

Just be upfront on what you are looking for and the coins involved and your experience will be better for it.

Also, take a look at some of the comparables they may have for you to see. If you have a toned morgan and they show you a pic of one they did, you can get an idea. Toned 3c piece that is super tiny? Same type of thing. Toned IHC Proof? Same thing....see something they already did that can be compared to.

There are a lot of excellent photographers out there. Personally, I use Shane (Kryptonitecomics). With this said, I have purchased coins based on images taken by other photographers, and have never been disappointed. The other photographers whose work (and the coin I have viewed in hand) include Bob Campbell (Robec), Lance (Keigwin), Jeremy Katz (airplane nut ATS), and John Baumgart (MessyDesk), and Todd (BluVette and some numbers that I cannot remember right now). All are excellent, and I would have no problem relying on their images to buy, sell, trade, or just to display a coin of interest to me. Many of these individuals take images for coin dealers, and you may already, therefore, be familiar with their work.

You mention coins that are PL or semi-PL, and photographing these should be very similar to photographing actual proof coins. All of the photographers above should be excellent with those. The only one, however, that I have actually had shoot PL pieces for me is Shane. Here are a few that he has done for me (with me having reduced the size of the images for viewing):

01_obv_SC_zpsb2f14c0e.jpg

01_rev_SC_zpsc08a534d.jpg

27_obv_SC_zps0e8ef1f5.jpg

27_rev_SC_zps51be1acb.jpg

36_obv_SC_zps1e635f02.jpg

36_rev_SC_zps59eaf066.jpg

37_obv_SC_zpsa9f84a05.jpg

37_rev_SC_zps13c50e5b.jpg

I have Bob Campbell do all my stuff, and he takes superb photos. After my lot, he's got a lot of experience with prooflike coinage as well.

I agree and highly recommend

1925PeaceRev_54sm-1.jpg]

I have Bob Campbell do all my stuff, and he takes superb photos. After my lot, he's got a lot of experience with prooflike coinage as well.

I agree and highly recommend

I agree also! Bob has taken some very nice pics that have shown up here on the boards! Always a pleasure to see!

Thanks everyone for all the great referrals. I just got back around to looking into them all after 3 days of craziness at work. I have spoke to a couple of these people already and plan to recontact them tomorrow.

I appreciate everyone's time