• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MS69 is mine! posted by VUMC409

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I added this one from the set of Hunter's Gold about two weeks ago after he decided to sell it.

This top pop is in a PCGS holder only because NGC has graded just 1 coin at this level - definitely hard to come by in NGC. However, PCGS has graded 46 of them hence holding the points down but still elevated above the MS68.

You will notice on the attached picture an area of light colored toning covering most of Lincoln's chest on the obverse. Also visible on the obverse and reverse are some light magenta tones scattered among the details on this one. Looking back at the PCGS history on this coin for the last six years, this coin has been toned this way since at least 2007.

This is a welcome addition to the set but one that might be upgraded should a more choice example come along. Paid a fair price for this one and much less than previous sale prices.

While checking the set, also notice the other coins I have added this month including a 1988 D NGC MS68RD and a 2013 D NGC MS68RD to name just a couple.

Enjoy the photo and thanks for reading and viewing the set. Until next time....

Michael

14689.jpg

See more journals by VUMC409

...and everyone says PCGS is "stricter" on grading copper than NGC? POP 1 NGC vs. POP 46 PCGS? (shrug)

Nonetheless, Michael that is a fantastic looking coin! (thumbs u

-Brandon