• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Two Year Forum anniversary

8 posts in this topic

Yep, boardsters, it's been two years today since I joined these boards. I just lurked around for a couple of months before then.

2002 is when I returned to the hobby with gusto. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending upon your view point) I had lots of money with very little knowledge so I bought a little bit of everything which I took a loss on when I cleaned out the fridge of my collection.

Now, two years later, I have gained tremendous knowledge of the market, of grading, of my own likes and dislikes, etc. This forum and certain members have mentored me over the past couple of years and has given me the numismatic foundation in order to make educated purchases. This has not only saved me from buying hype and/or junk but has netted me some sweet coins/deals in the process.

Special appreciation goes out to Michael for all of the hours of great (and not so great crazy.gif) conversation over the past year and a half. Thanks also to Hoot and EVP for teaching me what NOT to do in the hobby. smirk.gif Just kidding, guys. 27_laughing.gif But really, thank you NGC and boardsters for the education!!! 893applaud-thumb.gif

p.s. Tom B.

I loved your history. Great story.

I collected coins real serious as a kid from probably '75-'80. I remember that I received fifty bucks for Christmas one year and I bought a 1914 D Lincoln cent with it. It graded VG or maybe F. I also got a 1914 D Buffalo in about the same grade for a quarter in a junk basket. That was a cool find.

So, I had latent enthusiasm somewhere just waiting to resurface.

Thanks for the feedback EVP and Tom B.

p.s. EVP, I probably wouldn't harrass you as much face-to-face since you'd pull some karate or something of the sort on me. So, in retrospect, we cool, right, man? cool.gif

p.s. EVP, I probably wouldn't harrass you as much face-to-face since you'd pull some karate or something of the sort on me. So, in retrospect, we cool, right, man? cool.gif

EVP - karate??? 27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

He might ask TDN to slap you like a girl. 893whatthe.gif Alternatively, he may cough on you and give you a rare disease. (He's always sick.)

hi.gif Hoot

I really do know karate...

and a few other Japanese words!

smile.gif

EVP

PS Cough, cough. Sniff, sniff.

victor you are a kool cat yay.gif and a good friend!

you are now a truly advanced collector and i have learned much from you!

you and others like hoot evp tomb to name a few are a great group oh here

michael

Awright, awright ..... everyone but Michael is barred from this thread. Geez, the way y'all can highjack and degenerate a thread is mind boggling. wink.gif Well, then again, you guys are the comic relief, so ... NEVERMIND. takeit.gif