• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Really simple questions about adding coins to inventory

2 posts in this topic

Hello. I've added PCGS and NGC coins to my inventory but sometimes I think I don't input the numbers right because I usually get this error note that "the coin can't be found" or the price for the grade is not listed or some such info. So, finally i've figured out that I should just clear it up by asking these questions below:

1) When I add a PCGS coin to my inventory, do I put the whole number like "885432.65/134563"? Or the first part before the backslash or second part etc.?

2) When I add an NGC coin, do I enter the whole number like 3454545-003? Or do I enter only the first part/last part before/after the dash?

3) Why can't you put simple concise notes about this on the page where you add coins to your inventory? I bet there tons of coins out there with collectors just sitting in their inventories but not entered right. At least there are some in mine :)

Thanks!

• Administrator

Thank you for the questions.

1. PCGS certification numbers are the digits that come after the slash.

2. NGC certification numbers are the entire number (i.e. 3454545-003).

3. If you hover over the question mark where it prompts you to add a coin you should see an explanation of the certification numbers.