• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ehrenpreis des Volksfestes in Linz

3 posts in this topic

I recently acquired a small collection of what appears to be a wide variety of foreign and US coins and some medals? I'm wondering where the best place to go it to find out information about what I''ve got? This website looked pretty promising to me...

I have what appears to be a medal. On the front appears Ehrenpreis des Volksfestres in Linz. This medal? appears to be in great condition.

I have another medal, LUDWIG VON SCHWANTHALER appears on the front.

What's the best way to determine a fair value?

Thanks for any help

I don't think there's a limit how many pics you can post, just the size should be kept to sanity. Clear photos obverse and reverse please. I'm not sure if foreign exonumia goes here or in a token and medal forum (not my cup of tea personally), but considering that the Conder thread is like Rip van Winkle, probably here. Obviously, US business strikes and proofs (if you have any) would go in the US coins forum.

The Linz piece is a civic award medal given by the city of Linz. Did some googling and it appears they were awarded for several years in the 1880's and 1890's. I found references to several with different dates, unfortunately no values. I was not able to find a reference as to what specifically they were awarded for.

Not enough information to find anything on the second medal.