• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1917 Type 1 Liberty Standing Quarter ... need opinions before return time ends

34 posts in this topic

Please don't forget to let us know the result when you get the grade.

It is a day of mourning .... AU58 :tonofbricks:

Oh well ..... There is always tomorrow. :grin:

That was the grade many of us guessed for this coin – based on the photo I thought it would get a FH .

Its best to purchase these certified unless you can see it in hand. What did you pay for this coin ??

Let's just say that I lost money. Lot's of money when you include grading fees. I submitted 5 coins and they dumped every single one of them.

1917 Type 1 AU58

1994-W $5 Gold Eagle PR69DCAM

2000-W $5 Gold Eagle PR69DCAM

1989-S ASE PR69DCAM

1957 Lincoln 1 Cent UNC Details - Questionable Color.

Did not fare well at all. But I like the look of that 1917 SLQ any way so I am not crushed. I will just hang on to it and appreciate it as a AU58

Let's just say that I lost money. Lot's of money when you include grading fees. I submitted 5 coins and they dumped every single one of them.

1917 Type 1 AU58

1994-W $5 Gold Eagle PR69DCAM

2000-W $5 Gold Eagle PR69DCAM

1989-S ASE PR69DCAM

1957 Lincoln 1 Cent UNC Details - Questionable Color.

Did not fare well at all. But I like the look of that 1917 SLQ any way so I am not crushed. I will just hang on to it and appreciate it as a AU58

Stay away from buying raw stuff on EBAy hoping for it to grade out positively. Sure you will get some good coins but most won’t be. It is more cost efficient to get them certified.

If I can pick a coin up in a slab for a descent price then I will buy. I do that far more often than buying raw coins. I probably average about 8 to 10 Certified and Graded PCGS and NGC coins for every raw coin I purchase. I think I can live with that.

And I will add to that; out of the small percentage of raw coins I buy, only a extremely small percentage were ever bought with the intention of sending in for grading. I bought them because I like the design, liked the eye appeal, and wanted them in my collection. I guess you could say that I bought them because I collect coins and small slices of history. (shrug)