• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Say it ain't so NGC, please so it ain't so

13 posts in this topic

Can this really be happening ?????

Greetings all,

As you may of read from my last journal I stated I sent in 5 Franklin Proofs from my award winning set to have them Photo-Proof and then sent back to me. I just checked the status of the shipment and it says, Out for delivery today in Chicago. One thing, I DO NOT LIVE in Chicago.... In this set was a few very rare Franklins that you just can't replace like that. Also the FMV that NGC places on these Franklin's is so far off it is ridiculous. That is because they haven't been up for auction in years. I really hope they sent me the wrong tracking number and didn't send my coins to someone else. Say it ain't so NGC ....

See more journals by moondoggy

More than likely it was a technical error or even perhaps a postage labeling error from NGC. I strongly suspect that the carrier will spot the error and the problem will be corrected. I wouldn't panic too much (at least not yet). The packages are also sent by Registered Mail and requires a signature. This should call the carrier's attention to the problem (i.e. it isn't like a lot of other packages that they just shove blindly into the boxes without caring about it). The postal carriers also have more reason to care about Registered Mail packages - the shipments must be signed for every time it changes custody. If someone messes up at the Post Office, then their neck is up for grabs potentially. They tend to be more cautious about Registered Mail packages.

I'm really sorry to hear about this since it's probably all my fault that you sent them in to begin with.

On the bright side though, I've had shipments misdirected to other cities which did eventually arrive at my doorstep. I never would have known that they toured the country if I hadn't been tracking them online.

You've got a tracking number, so you should still receive them in a few days.

:wishluck:

Good luck!

Thanks for all the positive vibes everyone .... I too am holding out faith it is just a glitch in the system and this next week they will show up at my doorstep. Will update with any new news in "As the Coin Turns"

Mike

I live in ohio and I have seen packages go to columbus and then instead of coming to my local post office they go to another state and then back to columbus and then to my local post office.

Things get messed up from time to time. If for some reason it does end up at the wrong post office you can call them and give them a heads up.

Good luck with the package. :banana:

Lets just hope that the people who live at the address they sent it to have your last name lol I'm just joking if your package is misspent and they can not retrieve it a lot of heads will roll... I worked for the post office for they take registered mail very very seriously and WILL get it to the correct address at all cost. I hope its just a glitch in the p,o, website good luck and God Bless Mike

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear about the issue with your package. Give NGC a call and have them pull up the actual shipping information and see if it's addressed to you. It should all be on file.

Best of luck with the shipment.

Jeffrey

I once had a package come from Georgia. It got to within 30 miles of my house and then went on a very entertaining road trip. I have also found that even when it says out for delivery that doesn't necessarily mean it is out for delivery. Keep your head high. I would love to see your photo proofs when you get them.

Hello Mike, I know things like this can make a person very nervous,

but I think it's just to early yet to get panicky. What you don't need is

getting health issues thinking of it,,relax, wait a few more days, an' then

start calling around to find out more.

I'm guessing it's just taking a little bit longer than usual,,after all' with

this government shutdown going on soon, it could take awhile to get it.

I'm just hoping you do have it registered,,,if it is,,,It's a Safe Bet,

you'll get them back safely.

Go get that drink an relax' Mike,,,,Were all pulling for ya',,,,