• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2013 Silver Eagle early releasses

12 posts in this topic

I've recently purchased 3 NGC MS 70 2013 Silver eagle early releases. Cert#'s 3772250-099, 3768267-034, 3770518-034. One says struck at West point, one says San Francisco, and the other doesn't specify. So here are my 2 concerns:, None of the coins have any mint marks. Also when I put them into my collection manager it says "no price" for value. Can anybody shed some light on this??

the MS ones do not have a mintmark on them. i think the proofs from West Point have a "W" left to the eagle's tail. but not the mint state ones.

for your other problem go here and post a question, and NGC customer service will help.

Imho, the whole (S), (W) are all about marketing and selling more to people.

The coins are virtually indistinguishable whether they are minted at the San Francisco Mint or the West Point Mint, when it comes to the uncirculated (non-mintmarked) versions.

The whole thing is that they are "identified" by the mint they were made at as part of the packaging. They are then sent in and slabbed with that info.

I have a couple of albums of the SAEs from 1986-present. I REFUSE to buy into this (S)/(W) label and I won't collect them. Some will, many won't.

When you go to sell them, at some point down the road, it is highly likely you will have a harder time getting your money back (unless silver spot price really goes up)

The "W" mint mark will only be on the burnished MS coins purchased directly from the mint. These have been around since 2006.

The coins you bought are pure bullion. They came out of green monster boxes that are only sold by the mint to bullion dealers.

There are also some proofs other than the 95 W with W mintmarks but I don't remember which years,

That must have started in conjunction with, or after, the 2006 20th Anniversary Set. I had a complete set of proofs (no 95-W), 1986-2005, and none of them had the West Point mintmark.

Chris

I believe the "W" proofs started in 2001. (Besides the 95').

The MS eagles were not minted at Westpoint with the "W" mintmark until 2006. Then you had 07', 08', 11', 12' and 13'.

OK pulled out the redbook W mintmarked proofs were 1995, 2001 - 2013 with the exception of 2009. W mintmarked Burnished were 2006 -2012 except 2009 and 2010.

OK pulled out the redbook W mintmarked proofs were 1995, 2001 - 2013 with the exception of 2009. W mintmarked Burnished were 2006 -2012 except 2009 and 2010.

The burnished 2013W is out also Conder.

The MS eagles were not minted at Westpoint with the "W" mintmark until 2006. Then you had 07', 08', 11', 12' and 13'.

How does that old saying go? Is it "first the memory, then the sex" or is it "first the sex, then the memory"?

Chris

How does that old saying go? Is it "first the memory, then the sex" or is it "first the sex, then the memory"?

Chris

I think it's both Chris. I don't know, I forget. lol