• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Resolution for the stolen coin I bought on ebay

6 posts in this topic

What a fiasco!!!

Let me start by saying that the ebay seller ne14adeal2 was very professional and a great person to deal with, the Fresno P.D. not so much! once he and I were notified by the police that the coin was reported stolen, he was very quick to refund my money. The coin is now on its way back to the rightful owner and I am glad this is over.

14211.jpg

See more journals by jayman1970

What a fiasco!!!

Let me start by saying that the ebay seller ne14adeal2 was very professional and a great person to deal with, the Fresno P.D. not so much! once he and I were notified by the police that the coin was reported stolen, he was very quick to refund my money. The coin is now on its way back to the rightful owner and I am glad this is over.

14211.jpg

See more journals by jayman1970

Too bad this was such a bad experience and no reason that the Fresno PD should treat you in any manner but respectful. You were trying to do the right thing.Glad it's resolved and sorry you lost a great looking coin!Todd

Hey Jayman,

Sorry about the loss of your very beautiful coin. And I know what you mean about the Fresno PD.......I used to live out in Fresno just after high school, and I had a terrible neighbor in my apartment complex who did a whole bunch of unsavory things that caused me to have to interact with the Fresno PD more than a few times and man.........they're not very fun bunch to deal with!! They act like you're a criminal even if you're the one who calls them!! One of the many reasons that I'm back on my home turf on the East Coast and far, far away from Fresno. But I'm glad you got your funds back and the case is now resolved. I like to think that when one coin deal doesn't work out, it means there's something even better waiting for you down the line and many times in my life, this has proven to be true. So, hopefully there's an even nicer 1833 quarter just waiting to find its new home with you!

I mean to say that I'm glad to be back on my home turf on the East Coast.......I'm a champ at bad typing and dropping words!