• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

check this out, 1945-p mercury dime PL or proof???

34 posts in this topic

The fact is, at worst this mistake only cost you $16. If my mistakes only cost $16 I would be stoked!

$16 mistake is value for the money.

If you can't tell from the originals, just copy/paste the images into a photo editing program - even a basic one - and start playing just with the brightness/contrast. You will see pretty quickly this coin is nowhere near PL, let alone proof.

We have all made at the very least 1 mistake in collecting. You have gotten off the hook mighty cheap at $16! In coins there is rarely any free lunch unless you know the series you are collecting like the back of your hand. Even then finding that free lunch isn't as easy as you may think.

1934-D and 38-D are also two prominent PL Mercury dates.

There are no examples certified of these dates. There may be some semi-prooflike examples, but I'm not aware of them.

There are a number of 1938-D, and fewer 1934-D, dimes produced with fully prooflike obverses, paired with frosty and sometimes semi-PL reverses.