• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HSN Lunacy

5 posts in this topic

Uh oh, the HSN guys are at it again. This one is for a roll of '64 Kennedys for a hundred bucks. Actually not that bad a price, but what blew me away was that the guy was rubbing the rim of one coin against the face of another one!!!!!! These dudes are clueless.....needless to say these puppies are all raw. Coin on the TV right now appears to be MS63 or so.

The last roll I bought of Kennedys was about $45 each for three original bankwrapped rolls. Most of the coins were junk, but one of the end-toned pieces graded MS-66.

I hate those guys. Once when they were selling a roll of SAEs they were holding them in stacks and smacking them together saying, "look how heavy these are" like a couple of . I had to change the channel before I went crazy watching them do that!

Yeah, they are so ignorant. They were touting some MS70s from NGC and they had a line that went something like this:

"Because NGC knows who submitted the coins and when they did it, they can backtrack from the serial number and confirm for you that these are indeed first strike 2003 $5 gold coins"

Sigh. frown.gif