• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Elusive 1955 Jefferson in Quality Condition- posted by Jim Berline

6 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

I had to go back and check this coin again, thinking that perhaps my eyes were playing tricks with me,but there it was!

This Jefferson caught my eye,a very nice find! In 1955 most all Philadelphia minted Jeffersons were poorly made,showing alot of nicks and roughness. This coin is a condition rarity in MS66 and above.

Having spent a great deal of time trying to locate one with nice fullsteps with no success,I decided

it would be best searching these that show rare eye appeal,for 1955 Phillies I believe these are truly

limited,this will make a great coin for my collection.Finally my last coin is filled, however will keep on

updating this collection periodically.

Remember when searching out any for your collection,the 1955 Philly demands a good eye and a bit of luck

to spot,especially showing smooth fields on both sides of the coin. The ultimate of course is finding a

brilliant white Jefferson with those elusive strong full-steps I'm still looking!

-----------------------------------------------------

14110.jpg

See more journals by Jim Berline

Very nice nickel Jim and congratulations on your set completion. :banana:

I also am looking for a 1955 with nice steps. Ah well, I find that I enjoy the hunt almost as much as actuaIly finding the coin, guess we'll have to keep searching!!

Doug

Hello', I wanted to say thank you for all the comments here, always nice to touch base with members about the Jefferson series.

I also was informed, where some members were finding it was difficult reaching me here. Here's my private email, if anyone needs to contact me> jb857450@charter.net

I can't figure out why this is acting up on me. If anyone knows how to fix it' where members can contact me here, if would be appreciated.

I hope everybodys in good health, happy collecting,,,,,, Jim Berline