• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help finding an early wheat cent dealer

8 posts in this topic

I am collecting wheats from 09-20 in gem BN NGC or PCGS. I have looked through many dealers inventory that I know of and of course ebay.

I have had a tough time finding many. Many I do find have terrible pictures which make me reluctant to buy.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. If you have any for sale with good pics let me know.

Thanks Jim

The Penny Lady is the obvious first choice. She posts here sometimes, and I know she has a website. I have never bought from her, but have talked to her online and in person, and she is highly reputable and carries quality goods.

The Penny Lady is the obvious first choice. She posts here sometimes, and I know she has a website. I have never bought from her, but have talked to her online and in person, and she is highly reputable and carries quality goods.

(thumbs u

I agree with the other comments in this thread, but will add that she uses professional photographers on her coins. I know she has used Todd (BlueCC) in the past, so the images should be very accurate.

Some times you have to just grit your teeth and like the old carnival barker would say "You pays your money and you takes your chances" all good dealers had to start some where.. For me it has worked well with some and some not so well on others. However I have always been able to get my money back for the most part and I have never taken a major hit, and I think that is because I am very picky about my cents, that strategy has worked well and on some occasions has given me a couple pleasant surprises

The issue is not finding good dealers, that is the easy part. The problem you face is there are less BN graded coins because the demand is low thus less have been submitted. I suggest that you contact Rick Snow(Eagle Eye Coins), Andy Skrabalak(Angel Dees), and Charmy(coinscents.com) and sdvise them of just the type of coin your looking for. Thay go to many shows, have many contacts, are all well respected and would be able to spot the type of coins your seeking that generaly go under the radar. I think that giving one or all three your want list and examples like on your WTB thread will lead to good results.

(thumbs u

+1